Saturday, April 12, 2008

I seem to be having a lot of live and learn moments lately

I'm back on my playtime in the morning and computer time in the afternoon for the kids. It is exhausting! Eleanor was painting at 7:58 this morning. We were outside around 8:30am, play-doh, reading books, etc. By the afternoon, Zach, Eleanor, and I are ready for computer time! Well, I tried to get on the computer before Eleanor's turn, but discovered that Zach had done something to the computer. I couldn't get to my account and I couldn't shut the computer down. I unplugged the computer, plugged it back in, and the same black screen appeared. Zach was messing around with the keyboard in the morning when the computer was in its logged off state and did something. I was not happy! I was so ready for the kids to veg out on the computer so I could rest, but instead I was trying to figure out how to get the computer working. I should have just left the computer alone until Matt got home, but I was determined to get it running again. I ended up re-booting the computer, so now it's like we have a new computer, which is not good because my internet bookmarks are gone, we have to reinstall our printer and other programs, etc. I couldn't get the computer to recognize our cable modem this afternoon, so Eleanor and Zach played games on CDs instead of the internet. Zach was determined to play on NickJr., but I couldn't help him there. But after going to Pizzeria Uno for date night (yay!), Matt sits down at the computer and in a matter of a minute, gets the internet working...which is why I should have waited for him before messing with the computer myself. Now we must live with the consequences. I am thankful our pictures were saved and we bought CDs this evening to put our pictures on. I do not want to lose our pictures forever!

We are having Stake Conference this weekend and a new Stake Presidency will be called. Matt had an interview this evening with Elder Clayton Christiansen (area seventy) and Elder Dennis B. Neuenschwander (1st quorum of the seventy). It lasted about 10 minutes and Matt has been pretty relaxed about the whole thing. I would have been a nervous wreck! Speaking of wreck, Matt says I wrecked our computer...yeah, that about sums it up.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Bummer about the computer wreck... that sounds like something I would do. I can't wait to hear the report from Stake conference!

Janae said...

I hate computer issues like that! Very frustrating...I hope things are working well now:)