Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Cancer

I have thought a lot about cancer today as my aunt was in the hospital having a mastectomy and then reconstructive surgery due to breast cancer. My aunt is an amazing woman. Having 10 children is only one of the many reasons I am in awe of her. She has a great attitude, a "why sit around when I could be..." attitude which I love and share with her. My mother made a comment to my aunt about probably not seeing my aunt at Stake Conference this weekend. My aunt came back with something like, "I can sit at conference just as well as I can sit at home." We'll see. But don't you just love her positive attitude? I've been thinking about her all day today. And I have been thinking about my uncle who has skin cancer, and my uncle by marriage who has colon cancer, and my grandmother who is enduring the last of her treatment for cancer...and is doing well, and my sister-in-law who might have cancer again. You are all in my thoughts and my prayers.

4 comments:

Kris said...

I hope your aunt has a good recovery. I'm sure her positive attitude will help!

My biopsy came back "atypical" - they can't say for sure one way or the other, basically. I'll have half my thyroid out next Tuesday & find out for sure after that.
Thanks for your good thoughts.

mindyluwho said...

Oh my goodness. You have more than your share of cancer to think about! My father-in-law died from pancreatic cancer about 4 years ago. It was heartbreaking to see him waste away to nothing, but he lasted 3 years, which for that kind of cancer, is a long time. It sure puts you into perspective on what is important in life. We spent a lot of quality time with him before he left us.

Sammie-J said...

Oh my gosh, that cancer is one awful thing. My mother had breast cancer 2 years ago, she survived it and is stronger then ever. My husband's aunt just died of cancer, she had it in her lungs, bowels and her bones. It honestly went too long undiagnosed. The best medicine I believe is a strong attitude and prayer, we'll make sure to keep your family in ours.

Dawn said...

Cancdr is such a blight on this world. I am sorry you have so many relatives with various forms.