Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Go to sleep!

Playing outside is supposed to make the kids exhausted so at bedtime they crash. This is NOT the case this evening! Zach and Eleanor have been wound up for the past hour and Zoe is pleading with them right now to go to sleep. It's quieter in there room now, so hopefully they are close to entering dreamland. Even Kate was awake about 10 minutes ago which surprised me because she didn't take an afternoon nap. Children, GO TO SLEEP!

Kate tried out her slide this afternoon.


The first few times she insisted on going down on her stomach. But she never liked the landing.

Eleanor took this picture of Kate trying to get back up the slide. She wasn't successful.

And here she is content to sit at the top of the slide. I held her hand a few times going down the slide on her bottom, but she was never very excited about it.

All of the kids except for Zoe and Eleanor are asleep now. We're making progress. Zoe was just telling Eleanor a scary monster story, which caused Eleanor to holler to me. I think I'll wake Zoe up in the middle of the night when Eleanor wakes me up because she has had a bad dream or she just wakes up scared.

I did some more organizing today. The house feels cleaner when things are organized...even when the vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning the bathroom need to be done. Yesterday after all the organizing I did, Eleanor exclaimed, "It looks like we have a new house!" It does feel nicer. I think getting rid of clutter (which is a full time job in this house!) makes a huge difference in how a home looks and feels.

3 comments:

mindyluwho said...

I love to declutter...well, I don't actually love it but I love how my house feels when I've tossed unnecessary items. I did it to my kitchen a couple of months ago and I'm amazed at how easy it is to keep my kitchen clean now!

Phae-Jae said...

Oh, is that grass I see? Yeeah!

Good slide Kate!

I'm spring cleaning to day, and I am in a "throw away" mood. Watch out family:)

Sammie-J said...

Jordan just recently started liking slides, I use to call him a wimp, but the other day at the park he went down the big, huge slide all by himself, I was then very nervous, maybe I'm the wimp.
I agree, I love to organize and when I get in a big organizing mood I'll stay up all night!