Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Our special family night

I was able to hold a 2 month old baby today...for a few seconds before Kate wanted to be picked up. I don't think she's going to be very sympathetic to her baby brother's needs and wants. I hope he's a mellow baby! I'm going to take full advantage of the 2 days I have in the hospital to hold the baby without any older siblings feeling jealous or neglected.

For Family Home Evening tonight, we thoroughly cleaned out the Yukon, vacuumed it, and washed the windows. Matt had stopped to wash the outside before coming home. Zoe and Emily were quite helpful, Eleanor was helpful when we gave her a specific job (although she complained about it), Zach played, and Kate slept...which was very helpful. Now the kids will have to walk everywhere because the Yukon is too nice for them to ride in. And Matt won't be able to drive it because clutter tends to follow him. So I guess that leaves me to enjoy it. :-) We came inside feeling very productive, hungry, chilled (although Matt was hot), and tired. We ate dinner and then ate the yummy chocolate chip cookies that Eleanor, Zach, and I made this morning.

Matt did our taxes this evening. He waited until crunch time, but they are done and I am happy he did them before the deadline. I cleaned up the kitchen and then sat down to look through a baby name book that Jenn loaned me. I still have no clue what to name this baby.

3 comments:

Kris said...

That is a great family night! Maybe everyone will be more motivated to keep it clean since they worked hard to get it clean? maybe...

Kristy said...

Naming kids is sooo hard.....we had a hard time agreeing on names for our kids. It seems my husband would never be serious about names until he had to be. Good luck!

Janae said...

I love that F.H.E. idea! We are going to need to try that one:) baby names are the hardest thing in the world for us...you guys always seem to have had yours...it will come to you I am sure:)