Friday, April 11, 2008

Why take the car when you can walk?

Matt got up a little later than usual this morning.
Eleanor: "Is Daddy sick?"
Me: "No, he's going to work."
Eleanor: "Is he going to walk?"
Me: "No."
Eleanor: "Darn it!"
I think having the Yukon on Tuesday gave her a taste of freedom from the house. She was really hoping that we could go somewhere today.

When we were at the park on Tuesday, another family mentioned they were going to have a picnic by the water. Eleanor wanted to have a picnic too, so I told her she could have one inside at our house. But we had to wait for the right time...when Kate is asleep. So Eleanor and Zach were able to have their picnic today in peace while Kate slept.


I washed some windows today and saw the first wasp of the season. I wasn't excited at all to see it! Eleanor and Zach were outside after I saw the wasp and Zach started screaming. My first thought was that he got stung, but when I looked outside and saw a golden retriever innocently wandering around from next door, I knew what the problem was. Zach is just not into dogs. They really scare him.

Zoe and I went to Walmart this evening to have her picture taken. It was quick and painless and her picture came out very nice. We ate at the McDonald's in the store and then did some shopping. Then we had to travel to the Bucksport Hannaford so I could pick up our local paper, The Enterprise. That's a must on Thursday evening. The Enterprise is the one and only newspaper that I read cover to cover. I really enjoy learning about what is going on in our town and the other surrounding communities.

4 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

I love a good indoor picnic sometimes:)

I still read my hometown's newspaper online...to keep up;)

Kris said...

That's fun you and Zoe got some time out together. I love that. And what a cute picture... it doesn't take much to make little kids so happy! I need to do more of those little things.

mindyluwho said...

Indoor picnics are the best!

I love the picture of Zach asleep a couple of posts back!

Janae said...

Yeah for indoor picnics! Really cute photo of those two:)