Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Quiet before the storm

Noah got invited next door today to watch "Cars 2" and to play with Colby. He had a great time! Thank you Jenn for giving me a couple of hours to myself! It has been forever since I have sat down to eat lunch and watch a show. It was so relaxing! I have been watching "The biggest loser" on my Xoom lately, but today I got to watch it on the big screen! Fun! As I was alone, I realized that I am not ready to be alone, though. I love having Noah around and since he told me over and over again after playing with Colby how much he missed me, I'd say he loves to spend time with me, too. :-)

We had our first cub scout meeting of the year this evening. Sunshine is the cub master and the Tiger leader. Our Tiger boys won't be registered or advance, but they will meet every week. We have 8 or so boys in the Tiger Den and they had a great time tonight! Zach loved his first cub scout experience! It took him awhile to feel comfortable in the group, but once he did, he had a blast! I am the Wolf/Bear Leader. I only have 1 or 2 boys, so we'll join with the other boys as much as we can and try to recruit some 8 and 9 year olds. :-) Heather Robertson is the Webelos Leader. There are 5 boys in that den. My Mom is the advancement person, which is great because she is super organized! The boys played games in the gym with Julia while we talked with the parents about the upcoming year. Sunshine is also super organized, so she had us leaders make a 6 month plan to hand out to the parents. The year is going to go so much better with a plan! I've been known to come up with things week to week. After our meeting, we all came together for a potluck dinner. The evening was a success and I think our scout year will be, too. :-)

No comments: