Sunday, September 09, 2012

New Calling

Some people, like Matt get released from a calling at church and then they go weeks or months before they get a new one. Me? I always get extended a new calling immediately after I've been released from a calling. Matt & I have been in the Ellsworth Branch for 13 years. Today, I received my 6th calling in the branch. My 1st calling was as Young Women President. I have recently learned that one of my young women, Mallory is moving back into the branch soon with her husband and 2 kids. I am so excited! I was called to be a Relief Society Teacher before I was released as the YW President. I was released as a teacher and called as a counselor in the Primary Presidency with Aimee Walls as President. I was released from that calling and asked to teach the Adult Sunday School class. I was called back into the Primary Presidency as a counselor with Sunshine as President. Today, I have been released as a Primary Counselor and called to be the 2nd Counselor in the new Relief Society Presidency. Kim Battaline is the President and the 1st Counselor will be called next Sunday. I'm looking forward to being with the sisters and getting to know them better. :-) Jessica Millis was released as the Relief Society President,along with her counselors, Tiffany Dauk and Kim. A new adventure has begun!

3 comments:

Mal said...

Oh thank heavens they are going to have a brand new RS presidency when I move in. I DO NOT want to be called back into the RS presidency. I can't wait to get out!

Kris said...

That's exciting Joey! I think you will enjoy being in RS on Sundays (I know you have loved Primary too... but you deserve a break ;)).

janerickson said...

Sounds like a great change for you, Joey. I know you serve wherever you are called with all your heart. Congrats! I love change. The kids will miss you in primary.