Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wednesday, April 15th

Kate had a poopy morning. I was nursing Noah in the living room when Kate came into the room with her diaper in hand declaring she had a poopy diaper. Sure enough, she did and I quickly put Noah down, who was not happy with the interruption, and I threw the diaper away and put a clean diaper on Kate. I've heard stories of children taking off their poopy diapers and getting poop everywhere, but none of my kids have ever done it...until Kate. Thank goodness she brought the diaper to me before making a mess with it! Kate got in the tub awhile later for a bath. She wanted to play in the water for awhile, so I let her play. She came out of the bathroom saying "poopy, poopy" and sure enough, she pooped in the tub!

I took Zoe, Emily, and Noah to my grammie's apartment last night to enjoy a delicious dinner with my grammie and my mom. We had Zoe's favorite...chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. Even Emily kept coming back for more, which is not like Emily. The food was delicious and we enjoyed the company. :-) We went to Marden's after dinner to pick out fabric for Zoe and Emily. They are each making a skirt for Activity Days. Since Emily will turn 8 in the middle of this project, we are letting Emily start Activity Days a few weeks early, so she can make a skirt, too. The girls had fun picking out fabric and they are motiviated to make more clothes since there is so much fabric to choose from! They also came away from the store with new socks and a new pair of sunglasses. The sunglasses made their night!

2 comments:

mindyluwho said...

Oh my goodness. I had a "poopy" child. She would take her diaper off in the bed during naptime and I would come in to find that she had been finger painting all over the crib...and it was dark wood...with spindles with multiple crevices! We had to start putting her diaper on backwards and duct taping it! And we had to put her sleepers on backwards. She still got out of it most of the time. Her nickname was Houdini!

Martie said...

What a wonderful Achievement Days activity idea! I love it! Your girls must be so proud.

I love, love, LOVE your new look. Your blog looks amazing!

Martie