Friday, April 17, 2009

Another Vacation!

Emily enjoyed her first Activity Days last night. She was so proud that she sewed all by herself. The Activity girls had about an hour and a half to work on their skirts. They'll continue to make them the next time they meet. I brought all of our kids since Matt had to work late, so I stayed outside with Eleanor, Zach, Kate, Noah, Kai, Koa, Jenny, and Douglas. The kids had a great time riding bikes, swinging, eating, and digging in the dirt.

Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor had a half day of school today. They are now on Vacation! It was a beautiful day today, in the 60's, so we went to the park in the afternoon. Matt showed up at the park, which was a pleasant surprise. It was perfect timing since I was in the car feeding Noah. I had left Zoe in charge of Kate and I watched them from the car. The kids had a great time playing with friends from school and they enjoyed being outside in the sunshine. April vacation is always more fun and goes by faster than February vacation.

We had an early dinner before my mom arrived to watch the kids. The kids actually ate tortillas with cheese and sour cream without complaint...very unusual! Kate was so sweet when she said, "Yes, please" when she was asked if she wanted a tortilla.

Matt and I have enjoyed another datenight of watching shows at my parents' home. :-)

3 comments:

Janae said...

Is this your girls spring break vacation? Are they out for a whole week? Sounds like you and Matt had a fun night:) yea!

mindyluwho said...

It was beautiful weather here this week. We went to the zoo yesterday with our cousins and had a great day!

I love your date night...sometimes just to get away, and it doesn't matter where!

Kris said...

February vacation...april vacation... a lot of vacation! I hope you have good weather and enjoy! yay for date night :)