Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tuesday, April 14th

I worked on empytying out our 72 hour box that has been in the living room and I made four 72 hour backpacks. They are not complete and we need 2 more backpacks, but it's a start. The living room is starting to look empty without bags of clothes everywhere and now the 72 hour box is gone. :-)

Matt and I can't seem to schedule a time to clean/organize his shed, so I started working on it today. Picture a teenager's bedroom where you can't see the floor anywhere, well that was the state of the shed! My goal today was to clean in front of the door, so you could step into the shed without stepping on anything. (check) This is part of my working outside goal.

My mom picked up Zoe and Emily after work and headed to McDonalds. Then she brought Zoe to her first softball practice. Emily read to my mom in the car for her homework and then my mom and Emily went to my parents' house for awhile before picking Zoe up from practice. Zoe enjoyed her first practice.

Matt stayed at work this evening to do our taxes.

Eleanor wondered why the word "scream" is at the end of ice cream.

Zach and Eleanor discussed the fact that they would rather be called by their real names and not a nickname. Zach and Squeezie are not acceptable! A few minute later I said, "Zach, will you give Noah a piece of bread, please?
Zach replied, "Call me Zachary!"
Me: "Zachary, will you give Noah a piece of bread, please?"
Zach: "That's better."

Eleanor wants to be called Ellie.

1 comment:

HeatherT said...

You do such a good job of breaking projects down into chunks.
And I'm a little partial to Ellie myself.