Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Not a welcome sight

There was snow on the ground this morning and it was snowing lightly. Zoe's reaction when she looked out the window was "OH MY GOSH!". Emily was curious to know what she was looking at. Emily: "What? Ladybugs?" (We have a lot of ladybugs around our kitchen window). Then Emily looks out the window and replies, "NOOOOO! Now we have to wear boots!" The snow didn't last, but we have no desire to see any more snow until December.

Noah is 9 months old!

Zach and Kate went outside to play together for quite awhile this morning. I fed Noah and listened to Glenn Beck. It was quite delightful.

Matt came home around 3:30, which was very nice! He had deposited some money in my account, so I left about an hour later to go shopping at Walmart with my mom. I finally bought Zoe her birthday present, so I will give it to her in the morning. We came back to my parents' house to eat dinner and watch "Glenn Beck". Then we played a game of Phase 10. Noah has been asleep since we got here. :-) He just woke up a few minutes ago. I'll probably be up all night with him, but the break was worth it. I am thankful for these evenings out. They keep me sane. Thanks for being so wonderful Matt!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like having a night on the town and I don't even have kids yet! I can't imagine how nice it is to get away (for the most part at least) for a little while. I know it kept my parents sane, too.

Dawn said...

I can totally relate to Zoe's reaction when she looked outside - we've had way too many of those days lately!

I hope I can get to Maine while Kev's out there - are you anywhere close to Augusta?

Matt said...

Yes Matt is wonderful. Now, how do I post this anonymously....

Phae-Jae said...

!Go away snow in Maine!

We finally had a warm sunny day, it was delicious!

HeatherT said...

Not enough to have to get out the winter coats I hope...

Gabriela said...

I'd gladly take a little snow right now!

Happy 9 months Noah-I can't believe how fast that's gone (for me at least!).

I know about the breaks-enjoy it now and pay later. :)

Ave said...

Good for you Jo! I wish I could get Glenn up here in our apartment, but the metal roof makes it impossible. We didn't get snow in Belfast. Hurray for the sun and a dry Easter Sunday, knock on wood.

Kris said...

That's funny Matt!

I am ready for spring (without snow) too! It's funny how exciting falling snow is in November or December and how depressing it seems in April. It's all a matter of perspective, I guess.

Have a good day :)

Janae said...

Nights out are the best! A definite recharge:)
i sympathize with the weather...ours has been horrible as well. I am living it up here at my moms this week...it's gorgeous here and i feel spoiled getting to soak up sun!