Friday, April 10, 2009

Thursday, April 9th

When I got home last night, there was a "good mail" box from Kristy sitting on the kitchen table. What a pleasant surprise! Now I have yummy chocolates and some supplies to make yummy cookies and cupcakes. I am so glad an egg decorating kit was included because I had forgotten all about coloring eggs. Thanks Kristy!

I had an interesting experience this morning that turned out to be quite painful. It started when I spotted a wasp in the house. I really wish they would stay outside where they belong. I grabbed the broom and got the wasp onto the end of the broom. As I was trying to get the outside door open with my foot, keeping my eyes on the wasp, I pinched my pinky finger in the pantry door. That hurt! I should have just killed the stupid wasp.

Zoe and Emily both went to the health fair today at the high school (it was either the high school or the middle school). They had fun seeing Matt wilson at the fair!
They each got their face painted (I have pictures, but I don't have my camera with me) and they each received 5 bracelets to keep track of the 5 fruits and vegetables they eat each day. The bracelets start out on one wrist and then throughout the day they move a bracelet to the other wrist after they eat a fruit or vegetable. What a great idea! Emily is really getting into it. She wore her bracelets today and made sure she ate 5 fruits and vegetables. Great job, Emily!

Zoe's class was supposed to go on a nature walk today and have a picnic, but the trail wasn't ready to be used, so they walked to the middle school where they played basketball, had an Easter egg hunt, and they had their picnic. This was a reward for earning good behavior points. They had fun!

My mom came over in the afternoon. She did me a favor and stopped at the store for milk and white eggs to decorate. I had the money, but I didn't have a way to get to the store. We played a game of Phase 10 before she left. :-)

Matt had his high council meeting this evening. I made pancakes for dinner. The kids made me smile as they ate and talked..."Mom's nicer, she doesn't put us in the diaper pail like dad does...yeah, she just puts us in the corner...She has us do nicer chores..." Those are a few of the lines that I could remember them saying. The kids listen to Matt when he mentions the diaper pail because they know he will act on his word. Just ask Zach.

Zoe and I had a conversation about the Easter bunny while the kids colored eggs...
Zoe: "Do you think the Easter Bunny will come on Saturday again?"
Me: "I don't think so. You didn't like when the Easter Bunny came on Saturday, right?
Zoe: "Right."
Me: "I think the Easter Bunny came on Saturday before because we had to be at church early."
Zoe: "Yeah, dad was the Branch President and we all went to church early!"
Zoe is really hoping that the Easter Bunny leaves goodies on Easter this year!

We had some interesting moments while coloring eggs. I put vinegar in with the pink tablet and then read that I wasn't supposed to. Oops! The orange dye got spilled. Oops! That made quite a mess on the table, chair, and floor. The younger children were not super careful with their eggs. Eleanor dropped one of her eggs on the floor. Another minor spill and then we were done! The kids decorated 4 eggs each, not many for them to color, but 24 boiled eggs is enough to eat! Zoe was a huge help with the cleanup...without being asked. :-)

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I am so glad the package made it! I was getting worried.

Have a Happy Easter!!!

Matt said...

Just for all the DHS types out there, I have never actually put Zach in the Diaper Pail. I may have held him by his ankles over the diaper pail, and started to lower him, but he has never actually gone in.

HeatherT said...

Oh... well...now I feel much better Matt.
I have started a no mercy policy with bugs in the house. If you get in my house I kill you. I doubt bugs have enough memory to find their way in again, but just in case....