Thursday, April 16, 2009

Monday, April 13th

My goal for the week is to get outside and clean-up. April is the perfect Spring month to be outside here...no blackflies! Matt and I are both motivated to work outside, so that is good. Usually, the outside work gets left to Matt since I am inside with the little ones. Noah enjoys being pushed in the swing, so as long as he is moving in the swing with one of the kids pushing him then I am able to work.

Matt isn't feeling well today, but he went to work. The school nurse called this afternoon to let me know that Eleanor has a stiff neck. Eleanor didn't complain about her neck hurting in the morning, but I guess as the day went on, her neck hurt more and more. It was sad to hear that she was close to tears a few times in her class because her neck hurt. She stayed in school, though.

For Family Home Evening, we read some stories from the Gospel Art Kit for our lesson and scripture. Emily was on the lesson and Eleanor was on the scripture. There was a lot of reading, but everyone was pretty good about listening and being reverent. Zach picked our game, "Aye Aye Nephi" which is a card game. Matt and Zach were a team and Kate and I were a team and Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor played on their own. Zach declared "Aye Fi Nephi" when he and Matt won the game. Matt bought ice cream for the treat, but the kids could choose from ice cream or Easter candy. Do you get more candy at Easter or Halloween? I think it might be a tie, but Matt thinks the kids get more candy at Easter.

1 comment:

HeatherT said...

We get more at Halloween. Way more!