Monday, April 20, 2009

Saturday, April 18th

I finally took Kate to Walmart to have her 2 year picture taken! My mom came with me, which was a big help since she entertained Noah for me. It was an interesting start with the photographer arriving late. She was called in and she doesn't usually work at that studio, so it took her a few minutes to get settled in and find things she needed. She was not happy about being at the different studio and she was quite verbal about it. She did turn out to be kid-friendly, so she worked well with Kate and we got a cute picture. They used to take one picture and give you about 15 seconds to decide if you wanted it or not for the package, but now they take several pictures and let you take as much time as you want to decide which one you want. I like the new way much better. After the first pose was completed, the photographer moved the table Kate was sitting on and when the backgrounds were changing, one of them bumped the table and scared Kate half to death. She was scared to sit on the table again, so we sat her on a stool and then tried to take a picture of her standing, but she wouldn't stand on the block, so we got her to lay on the table. Kate smiled for some cute pictures, but there were a few tears and uncertainty inbetween the shots. When we were done taking pictures, the photographer had a great time making different collages and enhancements with the optional photos on the computer, but it was a waste of everyone's time since I only wanted the package and I am not easily persuaded otherwise, but I humored her. We finally left there an hour after the appointment was supposed to start, having only bought the traditional package. Yay, me!

Matt and the kids worked outside throughout the morning. Matt said that Zoe is a hard worker and that she helped a lot as they moved trees and brush.

Zoe and Emily went to the Alamo theater with Jen, Caitlin, and Cassidy in the afternoon to see "Monsters vs. Aliens". They liked the movie and they enjoyed their afternoon out.

Zach went for a ride on the 4 wheeler with Matt to Camp Cobra to get some rocks (big rocks) and I went for a walk with Kate to Camp Bravo. She only face-planted once. I think we should have a picnic at Camp Bravo sometime this week. It is such a peaceful, beautiful spot! We walked back to the house and I pushed Kate on the swing for awhile before going inside. We need to get another baby swing, so Noah can swing too when I am pushing Kate.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Hi Joey, it is fun getting caught up on your blog. I love the camp Cobra, Bravo names. How cool that you have your own camps! Also great that there is always plenty of real work to be done outside with the kids.