Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Today is tomorrow

It is true. Zach said this to me yesterday because on Sunday I said that tomorrow we would find his Nintendo and play outside, so when he woke up Monday morning he exclaimed, "Today is tomorrow!"

I am looking forward to Matt coming to church with our family on Sunday. This past Sunday was the worst Sacrament meeting I have had in a long time and it wasn't just the younger 2.

I love my kids, but it was nice sending Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor back to school yesterday. One of my goals for the day was to find Zach's Nintendo and I found it in his backpack. He was very happy to see it since it has been missing for a few days. Now I need to look for Eleanor's.
My parents bought us another baby swing, so I put it up yesterday and was able to push Zach, Kate, and Noah on the swings. I think it's time that Zach learns how to swing on his own. Kate may learn before he does!
I spent about 10 minutes organizing in the shed yesterday. I haven't done well on my outside/shed goals, but I made some more progress.
Eleanor started another cheerleading/tumbling session yesterday after school. She had fun and she loved saying "Bucks!" at the end with the coach and other girls.
Zach was on the lesson last night for FHE, but he was waking up from our ride to get Eleanor, so we did an activity from the Friend magazine that I had cut out on Sunday. Part of Zoe's homework yesterday was to go outside for 30 minutes, so we played our game outside. We took turns shooting baskets and if we missed then we got a letter to the word baptism. I didn't really keep track of the letters, so we said Emily won since she is the one getting baptized. :-) Matt held Noah and watched. The trouble with going outside for the game is getting the kids back inside for the treat. Since we are going in for a treat, it doesn't take as long as it could, but still!

Today ended up being a laundry day. I still have a load to put away when I get home. The load in the dryer will have to wait until tomorrow. I read "Shanna" in between loads.
Zoe went over to Hailey's house after school. Emily, Eleanor, Zach, and Kate went over to Jenn's after chores and homework. It was so cute to see Kate and Lauren playing together. It will be fun to watch them grow up together.
We picked Zoe up from Hailey's and then dropped her off at softball practice. The rest of us are at my parents' house and the kids are watching "Bolt", thanks to Jenn. On the way over, Eleanor informed me that all of her 9 kids are going to have a swing of their own. Emily informed Eleanor that if she had 9 kids then she wouldn't have money to buy 9 swings. Eleanor was sure that she would. BTW- Zoe is going to have 10 kids, so it looks like my future is going to include lots of grandchildren. :-) Zoe is going to be an author while she is home with her young children and then she will teach when they are all in school. I keep reminding my kids that if they want me to watch their kids for them then they need to live close to me.

Matt is working late tonight.

4 comments:

ML said...

My today is always your tomorrow! :)

Phae-Jae said...

Too cute...he has a very good point!

Yes, I have been very sick for the last 3 weeks. Yuck. I'm starting to feel closer to normal. It's been a trial.

Janae said...

Well, congrats on those grandchildren;)you are going to be busy with all the babysitting that could bring on:)
I love that your girls want big families, so sweet. I don't know if my girls have got the spirit of that yet.

Kris said...

That is great that your girls want lots of children, more evidence that you are a wonderful mom and have shown them that being a mom is the way to go! :)