Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The witch, butterfly, cat, and teddy bear








Wondering why Eleanor is being pushed around in a stroller? She hurt herself when I sent the girls out to the car while I finished getting Zach dressed. I heard her crying and found her climbing back up the steps. She had lost the toy ring she was wearing and was saying she wanted to find it. I walked past her to get Zach in the car and she started to follow me, but she was limping and complaining that her toe hurt. When we were at the mall she seemed fine being pushed around in the stroller. Zach was tired and cranky, so we asked Eleanor if Zach could sit in the stroller. She said yes and got out, but after trying to walk, she cried and said she couldn't walk. After several attempts to get information out of Zoe and Emily, they finally told us that Eleanor fell when she was trying to get in the car (the word pushed was used, but I'll leave the guilty unnamed. We checked Eleanor's legs before leaving the mall (we weren't sure which leg or area of the leg to check). Nothing looked swollen or bruised so we headed home. Unfortunately, our experience with children not wanting to walk on a leg has resulted in that leg being put in a cast. Since Eleanor still won't walk this morning, I'm going into the emergency room with her and Zach today...after I have my own lab work done that I'm scheduled for, which will take an hour just for that. I'm still not sure what hurts on Eleanor. First she said her toe hurt, but when I asked her to point to where it hurt, she pointed to the back of her heel. When I pulled her pant leg up to check her knee, she freaked out. I'm mentally preparing myself to be at the hospital all.day.long today. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh, great! I sure hope nothing's broken!