Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Kids...too funny!

Eleanor is starting to write her letters. I think she looks at Zoe and Emily's schoolwork on the kitchen wall and copies them. Yesterday she reminded me of Zoe at her age. Zoe used to pretend to be a waitress and take our food order and then write it down on her notebook. Eleanor was doing the same thing yesterday, only instead of taking my food order, she was asking me what I was thankful for.

Zoe made Matt and I laugh this morning when I told her to take care of her pencil box, which she got out to look for my pens that have disappeared from the fridge, and she said something like, "Well, uh I need to finish getting ready for school, not be the maid!!!"
After Matt, Zoe, and Emily left, I went into the kids' room to look for a pen, which I found in Emily's box under her bed, and I also found a paper with a drawing of a girl that says, "Mom come back"...which I'm sure Zoe made one night when I left after the kids were in bed to run some errands. On the back of the paper, it says "Mom~good, Elenor~good, Zack~good, Grampy~good, Dad~Bad...only Dad. I had to laugh.

Zach is now sleeping with the girls. He goes to bed with them and sleeps in the crib. Eleanor sleeps on a mattress on the floor and Zoe & Emily sleep on the bunk beds. We decided it was time to get Eleanor out of the crib after she fell getting out of it and she hurt her foot. Zach adjusted to his new bedtime and bed really well. He cried on and off the first night, but not as much as Matt and I expected. Now he says bye to us and waves after we put him in bed.
Now Matt and I have a few months to enjoy quiet, restful, alone time in the evening before the baby comes :-)

My mom pinched something in her back relating to a disk last Friday and she has been hurting since Sunday. She is in a lot of pain and can hardly move, so the kids and I are going to go over to my parents' home today and help. She went to the chiropractor on Monday and I'm sure she will get to see him consistently for awhile until she is better. She has missed a lot of work with the Thanksgiving break and now her back, so I know she is stressed about all the work that is piling up there. I hope I can eliminate some stress at her home and help her to be as comfortable as possible. My dad stayed home with her yesterday, but as far as I know, he's planning on going to work today. I haven't talked to her yet today, but so far she has felt worse every day that I talk to her. Hopefully today she is feeling a bit better.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Family pictures are so stressul! I'm glad you're there to help your mom and hope she feels better soon! Kids are so cute.