Thursday, November 16, 2006

What to do?

I was talking with Eleanor the other day about going to "grandma's" house for Christmas. So now whenever we talk about plans for the day she'll say, "and then we're going to grandma's house!" I'm afraid it's going to be a long December for her waiting to go to grandma's house.
Eleanor's still not walking. We think she sprained or bruised her ankle like she did her other ankle, so we're still waiting it out. I hope we're making the right decision.

I've been meaning to write the fact that Emily wrote her first sentence all by herself last week without copying it. It said, "Iseethecat". (I see the cat) She said she learned it at school.

About Me:
What games did you play in your house or neighborhood?
I played a lot outside with my friends. Playing tag, hide and go seek, playing catch, riding bikes. I loved playing board games and card games, too and I still do. I remember playing PayDay, Life, Monopoly, Connect 4, Stratego, and Uno. I know there are many more. I would play solitaire by myself with cards.
I would much rather play a board game or card game now with my children than pretend play like Barbies. Matt doesn't like to play games much, but my mom does, so we get together and play Phase 10 every so often. We'll let Zoe play with us if we have a couple of hours to spare. Maybe I'll dig out our go fish cards and play that with Eleanor today. She's sitting on my chair right now looking at books. I hope her ankle feels better soon.

No comments: