Monday, November 13, 2006

It's Monday

I can't think of much to write this morning, and my About Me topic is one I have little to say about so I'm at a loss here. My energy level is dwindling with each passing week of pregnancy. I get done what I need to, but that's about all I have the desire to do. I do manage to get up every few minutes to wipe Zach's nose. We have another round of colds going around here. I determined early on when we had our first colds that this is going to be a winter of sickness for us. We were quite healthy last winter, so I suppose it's only fair that we catch everything going around this season.
Zoe and Emily are getting along great with each other, playing in their room together, but they have also developed an attitude toward the rest of the family. I feel bad for Eleanor who enjoys being with them, but they don't want to be with her. It's sad to see her playing by herself when everyone is around. She doesn't seem to mind as much as I do though. Zoe and Emily are back to school today after a long weekend, which means that Eleanor gets to be the big sister for awhile and have access to whatever she wants to play with. Yesterday, Eleanor asked if Zoe and Emily were going to school after we got up...I think part of her was hoping they were.
The washer just stopped. If I want to get done the laundry before bedtime, I better go switch the loads.

About Me:
Talk about your ancestors...Remember those binders full of geneology under our bed? Well, I have intentions of going through them once I dig them out. Matt tried putting up our shelves on Saturday, but the glue he bought didn't work, so the books remain hidden. I do know that a lot of my ancestors came from Canada and England. Maybe that's why the only country I've had any interest in visiting is England. I remember doing a speech in speech class in college about some ancestors on my mom's side (through her dad) that owned a castle in England. But the details have left my memory. Whenever Matt mentions Canada, he includes in the same breath that it is my native land. I would like to visit Prince Edward Island someday...mainly because of the Anne of Green Gables books. Family History/Geneology is not one of my strong points, but whenever I come back from the temple I do have a stronger desire to get into it.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Hi Joey - I hope the colds go away fast. It is a rainy, windy November Monday here! Poor Eleanor, Finn gets the same treatment from my older two also...when he comes to try to play with him they shriek, "Oh, no, the giant baby!!!" and run with their toys someplace else. He has a lot of fun with their stuff when they're gone too...