Sunday, November 05, 2006

My Testimony

I was raised as a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints, and I am still an active member. I developed a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ throughout my childhood, but as I grew into a young woman, I regretfully kept one foot planted in the church and the other foot planted in the world. Because of this, I made many choices that led me away from my Heavenly Father instead of toward Him. It wasn't until I was 21 going on 22 (when I met Matt) that I made the choice to have both feet planted in the church, the start of my true conversion. This choice included repenting for the sins I was committing, praying and reading my scriptures daily, attending church weekly, having Family Home Evening each week starting when Matt and I got married, and being ready and willing to serve in the church. Doing these things has strengthened my testimony of the Savior and His gospel, and has increased my desire to follow Him and to keep His commandments. I know that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints is the only church upon the earth with the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ as he was praying in the sacred grove. I know that Joseph Smith restored the gospel to the earth and became the first prophet in the latter days. I know the priesthood has been restored to the earth. I know that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. I know that reading the Book of Mormon will bring us closer to our Heavenly Father and to our Savior, Jesus Christ. This will bring many blessings and much happiness into our lives. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and He cares for us. I know our burdens can become light if we seek our Heavenly Father's help. Daily prayer will keep us in tune with the Holy Ghost. I know we are eternal beings. I know our families can be together forever if we participate in marriage or sealings in the temple. I know our families will be blessed as we pray together, read scriptures together, and have Family Home Evening together each week. I know that as we pay our tithing, we will receive both temporal and spiritual blessings. I know our Heavenly Father doesn't ask more of us than we can handle. I know we can receive many blessings, including personal growth and happiness as we serve in callings. I know we will have peace as we choose what is right. I know that I have a Savior and I know He lives. I know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ, I can repent of my mistakes and return to live with my Heavenly Father again. I am truly grateful for this sacrifice. I know that Gordon B. Hinckley is our prophet today. I know that if I follow his counsel, I will be led on the strait and narrow path leading back to my Heavenly Father.

No comments: