Thursday, November 09, 2006

Back to reality

I had a very nice birthday. I didn't spend as much time at home as I thought I would, but I was able to do a little bit of everything I wanted to, which was nice. We had a nice family celebration in the evening. It included whiney children, bickering children, tired children, and crying, but after my day by myself, it didn't seem to bother me as much. Being alone was nice, but by the end of the day, I was missing the commotion of the children. I did enjoy having the house stay clean all day after I cleaned it up in the morning after Zach and Eleanor left. I could get used to that happening more often.

About Me:
Tell about your favorite aunt. I have 3 aunts, all my mother's sisters. One lives in Pennsylvania, the oldest of the 6 kids. I don't get to see her very often, but when I do see her, I enjoy her company and learn more about her. Another aunt lives somewhere here in Maine. She lives a very different lifestyle than myself, so I basically only see her at funerals. The aunt I see the most and know the most about lives in Maine as well. She and her family are members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints. She stays home to raise her children (8 at home, 2 grown and live out of state). She is very good at making her home welcoming and comfortable. She is very handy around her house and I admire that. I think she is the quietest of all her siblings, but she always comes up with funny things to say when she gets talking. She just became a Pampered Chef consultant to earn some extra money and to get out of the house more (can you blame her???). My mom is having a party for her on Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing her and hearing all about what's going on in her wonderful family.

4 comments:

Kris said...

I'm glad you had such a nice birthday Joey! A day to be alone (or at least pick and choose when & where you are alone!) is such a great gift!

Cindy said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like it was a good one!

momofalltrades said...

Happy Birthday! I used to sell PC, it is the bestest!

Dawn said...

My neighbor lady is a manager for Pampered Chef. She must be really good, because they take trips all the time, remodel their house, on and on and on. I don't like to go to her parties, though, because she talks way too loud!! Also, I can't afford the stuff!