Friday, November 10, 2006

My mother

Matt had work to do in Canada this morning, so he spent the night in a hotel there last night. I decided it would be fun to stay at my parents' home with the kids since the kids are off from school today and my parents are off from work. It was fun...until bedtime. Around 8pm, Zoe and Emily were wound right up, playing tag and hide and go seek. I ignored them for as long as I could, and then we got their beds made and told them it was time for lights out...if they gave us any problems, then we were going home. They went to bed very good, Zach fell asleep as my mom rocked him, so we put him in his bed, and then I layed down with Eleanor so she would settle down and go to sleep. Eleanor decided she'd rather settle down with her grammie, so my mom ended up laying down with her until she fell asleep. All the kids are asleep, yay!...until Zach wakes up crying around midnight I believe (the early morning is a blur by now). I put him in bed with me and Eleanor, but he's still not happy. My mom comes in to get him, thinking he is still in his bed. She finds him crying next to me and takes him downstairs to rock him. He falls asleep again and my mom puts him in bed with her and my dad. He wakes up again a little while later around 3am. I decided it was time to take Zach home so at least some people in our family could get some sleep. By then, Zoe was the only one sleeping! I found it interesting on my way home with Zach that a lot of people are either awake in their homes at 3am or a lot of people sleep with lights on in their homes. I personally do not like any lights to be on when I am sleeping. So far, none of my children have needed night lights on to sleep. It is as dark as it can be at our house throughout the night.
I don't know if Zach missed home or his pillow, but he slept great the rest of the night (I mean morning). Zach and I went back to my parents home when we woke up and stayed until around 12:30pm when Zach was miserably tired and needed a nap. My mom is going to bring the girls to McDonalds for dinner and then bring them home to babysit while Matt and I go out for datenight. So, I am enjoying more quiet time right now :-)

About Me:
Tell about your mother...As you can probably tell from this post, my mother enjoys being around her family, even at 3am with a crying grandchild. She is the only mother I know who looks forward to spending every Friday night watching her grandchildren. She is the type of grandmother any child would love to have, we call her the marshmallow. She can't say no to beautiful eyes and pouty faces. I have accused my mother in the past of being too nice (my teenager days). My mother would go out on a limb for anyone...maybe not a tall limb since she is afraid of heights. She thinks about everyone else before herself, which is sweet, but maybe not always in her best interest. Which is why I told her we're not going over to her house on Sunday after church like we usually do because she is going to need time to herself by then.
I take after my mother in personality, but my mother has light skin and hair, and blue eyes, whereas I have darker skin, brown eyes, and dark brown hair.
My mother has a talent for jigsaw puzzles. She puts together puzzle, after puzzle, after puzzle. She finds it relaxing and enjoyable. She loves to watch movies. Her favorite month is January when she can relax on a cold, snowy Saturday and put a movie in, and eat chocolate of course!
I've always seen my mother as one who has a strong testimony of the gospel. She is faithful and obedient. I have never doubted my mother's testimony or commitment to the gospel.
I love my mother very much and I am very glad she is who she is. I love spending time with her. I'm glad she is close by...what would I do without our girls' night out when I really need it?!

1 comment:

Donna said...

If reading your blogs hasn't made me homesick - this one definitely does. Mom is everything you wrote and more. If she's a marshmallow, it's only because she loves so much. Whenever I hear parental advice on not spoiling your children, I think of mom. She spoiled us with love. Neither one of us could have ever claimed we were unloved as children. There was never a doubt. I only hope my children feel the same way when they look back on their childhood.