Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Happy Birthday to me

32 years ago, my parents welcomed my arrival :-) I am looking forward to my birthday today. My very thoughtful mother took the day off from work to take care of Zach and Eleanor, so I can have a day to myself. I'm going out for breakfast this morning with my parents, Zach and Eleanor, and then I get to say goodbye to them until we gather again for dinner. Zoe and Emily will take the bus to my parents' house after school. What to do with myself? I'm thinking that eating, relaxing, and shopping are part of my plans. I snuck into my package from Matt's parents this morning to see if there was money, and I wasn't disappointed. Thanks Janet and Steve! Matt is taking me to Pizzeria Uno for lunch and then I'm going to enjoy some shopping. It will be nice not having to worry about cranky children, children needing to use the bathroom, or children wanting everything they see. And, I get to shop for something more exciting than diapers. I had a dream last night that I bought a new skirt...maybe it was a vision. The evening will end surrounded by my family...and empty lobster shells :-)

About Me:
What instrument do you play or wish you could play? I played the saxophone when I was in school, and I enjoyed playing in the band, but I haven't played it since the end of my junior year in high school. I took piano lessons for 3 years as a child, but I hated to practice and I wasn't too fond of my teacher, so the most useful I am with the piano is playing with one finger during Primary when needed. I would like to be able to play the piano, and I have tried practicing at home on my keyboard, but the keyboard keys are more narrow than the piano keys, so I can master something on the keyboard, but then I have trouble playing it on the piano. Eventually, I would like to master 4 hymns that I could play during Sacrament meeting. Maybe when all the kids are in school, I will make the time to travel to a piano and practice.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful day by yourself. I love solitude and never get enough of it!