Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Mission Accomplished

We survived a family picture last night at Walmart. Before we even started, Zach was showing signs of not being cooperative. The photographer focused on getting Zach to smile, which worked, but then the girls would have funny faces or wouldn't be looking at the camera. After a few tries, Zach got tired of being entertained and he wanted to get down. So I ended up holding him and we switched our focus to the girls. The lady would count to 3 and then Matt would take Zach's binky out and we'd smile. The first time we did that, the picture was good, but you could see the binky in the picture, so we tried again. The second time was a keeper. Everyone is smiling except Zach, but he's not crying, he doesn't have a binky in his mouth, and he's looking at the camera. The standard of what you want the picture to look like gets lower and lower the longer you are in the studio!
We went to McDonalds for dinner, in our white shirts, which weren't so white when we left there. But our bellies were full and it was time to go home and end the eventful evening.

About Me:
Describe a typical school day as a child in Elementary school...I rode the bus to school, played outside until the bell rang with my friends, went to my homeroom, learned, played outside for recess some more, learned, ate lunch, learned some more, and rode the bus home. Or something like that. I liked recess and lunch just as much as my kids do :-) I started playing the saxophone in there somewhere, so I had lessons and band, probably from 5th grade on. Zoe is showing interest in playing the flute, which will start when she's in 5th grade. I can't say that I miss school, but I'm glad that I went and my parents wanted me to get a good education. My school experience was very positive.

1 comment:

Kris said...

The standard gets lower the longer you are there...that is so true and made me laugh. I can't wait to see the picture! I'm sure it will be worth the torture...