Friday, December 01, 2006

Healing

My mom is doing a lot better. She was up and around when I went over on Wednesday, so we played a game of phase 10 and visited. I think it's safe to say the worst of it is over.

I went on a field trip with Zoe yesterday to the Hudson Museum where we learned about Native Americans in different regions of the United States. The kids got to make a mask resembling an animal, and they watched a movie based on the book "Raven" that was made by local students who live on Indian Island. Zoe said the best part of the trip was the movie.
Being on a bus full of 2nd graders made me appreciate the quiet of just two children at home :-) It took about an hour each way to travel to the museum and back to the school. I keep thinking of the Grinch and the noise, Noise, NOISE! It didn't help that I had been awake since 4am when Eleanor woke up and then woke up Zach. They were playing and having a great time. Eleanor finally went back to sleep at some point, but I don't think Zach did and I didn't either.

My little girl who always needed me to play with her is growing up...

Yesterday afternoon while Zach and Eleanor were busy, busy, busy, I looked over to see Zoe quietly listening to music while looking at a toy magazine. I caught myself wondering why all my children couldn't be that good and quiet! But it wasn't always that way with Zoe, and before I know it Eleanor and Zach will grow up too. (sigh)

Here is a picture that Eleanor drew and the letters she wrote the other day.


It's time for me to go hunt for Emily's library book. Today is her library day and we could not find her book anywhere this morning before she left. It's a board book that Eleanor and Zach like to look at it, so it could be anywhere!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Zoe has a lot of field trips!! you are so nice to go with them so often. I'm glad your mom is doing better. Zoe is growing up. It is fun but sad too, to see how fast they change and grow.