Friday, July 16, 2010

Work before play today

After swim lessons and lunch, the kids and I went out to weed the garden. Weeding in the hot, afternoon sun is not ideal, but it was the only time it was going to happen.

You want me to do what?



We have tomatoes growing. :-)


The kids were rewarded for their hard work with another Craig Pond adventure. They did a great job weeding and the garden looks so much better!


Zoe is enjoying my kind of Craig Pond adventure! I was busy keeping track of her siblings, though.


Matt & I went to a Bucksport vs. Brewer girls 12 and under softball game this evening. Several of "my" girls are on the team as well as other girls from our softball league. They lost their game, but it was fun to watch them play. This summer league travels around and plays in tournaments on the weekends. Last weekend and this weekend are the two weekends that they are close to home, so I wanted to make it to one of their games.

Zoe, Kate, & Noah are staying with my parents tonight. Kate is so excited that it is finally her turn to sleep over!

1 comment:

Janae said...

Yay for gardens that are weed free! I keep trying to encourage that behavior here and we don't have a lot of success...but, i keep trying:)
The pond looks like a very fun adventure! I loved seeing those little frogs in peoples little hands. I also think Emily did a great job of picture taking at the park the other day:)