Thursday, July 29, 2010

More training

I've been avoiding the cleaning of my bathroom for awhile now. It couldn't be put off any longer, but I still had no desire to clean it. Then I had a brilliant thought. My kids can clean it! I have had a hard time letting my kids help out with chores because I want everything clean to my standards. The older I get and the more kids I have, that standard is getting lower and lower. To have the thought of letting my kids clean the bathroom is a major change. A change I am welcoming and glad I am having. I divided the bathroom into 5 areas, put the names of the kids in a bag to randomly draw, and then assigned each child an area according to the drawing. Everyone was hoping to get to clean the mirror, but only Emily got lucky and was assigned that job. Zach wasn't thrilled about cleaning the sink until I told him he could spray the Lysol on the sink. He loved that! Kate was assigned the toilet, so she sprayed and I wiped. Eleanor enjoyed spraying the tub and scrubbing it. Zoe didn't get the job she wanted, but she did a great job cleaning the floor. Noah was off the hook. I was afraid that the bathroom wouldn't meet my standard, but it did...thanks to my hovering and helping. :-) I still did a lot of the cleaning, but it felt good to work with the kids and to know that their bathroom cleaning training has begun.

No comments: