Saturday, July 24, 2010

Swans Island & The Bucksport Festival

I spent the day on Swan's Island today with some of our Relief Society Sisters, a few Young Women, and a few children. All of my children stayed home with Matt. Cheri lives on the Island, so we went to her home to learn how to quilt. We were a group of sisters who do not know how to quilt, and many of us went along more for the socializing than the actual quilting. None of us had been to Swan's Island before, so we were excited to see it. It is bigger than we expected. It was a day of learning, laughing, eating yummy food, and bonding. A great day!

Mom & I stopped to eat more yummy food at Friendly's before coming home. :-)

Matt & the kids spent the morning at the parade in town. Emily was in the parade with the youth soccer club.

Can you see Emily near the back waving?


1 comment:

Mal said...

I've never been to Swans Island either. But I had a friend who lived there in middle school. Does that count? Haha!

I also know nothing about quilting. I know, a shame to the reputation of a Mormon woman, but truth be told, I have very little interest in learning.