Monday, July 05, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Our trip home was pretty uneventful. We slept on the 4 hour flight from Utah to New York and then the kids watched tv during the hour flight from New York to Portland. The 3 hour wait in New York was a bit painful, but we survived. Matt was the only one to stay awake during the ride home. I don't know how he did it because I couldn't keep my eyes open. Matt & I took a nap when we got home while the kids played. It was so hot and humid and we were roasting in our home, so I made it a priority for Matt to put our air conditioner in. That made a huge difference! We still didn't have any energy or motivation to do much, so after my parents visited and left with Eleanor & Zach to spend the night with them, we ate dinner and got ready for bed. It didn't take long for any of us to fall asleep.

Matt left for work this morning at 8:00. I heard Noah crying at 9:56am, so I got up. Kate got up soon after, but Emily & Zoe didn't get up until 11:00. The kids & I are having one more day of vacation with my parents. Mom, Zoe, & I played Phase 10 and we ate yummy barbeque ribs for lunch.

Maybe we'll get unpacked and the house in order tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I'm glad your trip home was uneventful (although we would have loved a couple more days with you too :)

I think that's funny that Eleanor and Zach would go off for a sleepover their first night back home. They are party animals!!

We miss you!!!!