Wednesday, July 07, 2010

I miss you when you are gone, Internet!

I stayed home today to wait for the cable guy to come and fix our internet. It was a great excuse to be home and I had a very productive day unpacking, doing laundry, and cleaning the bathroom. The cable guy arrived around 2:30pm, so Zach & Kate enjoyed the internet for the rest of the afternoon while I completed my to-do list.

Zoe, Emily, & Eleanor went to Popham Beach today with Daisy & Anna, & their mom, Belle. Emily spent the night with Daisy last night, so they picked Zoe & Eleanor up this morning. Eleanor was planning on spending the night with Anna tonight, but the plan changed to all of the girls spending the night, so their party continues.

I spent a good chunk of the day yesterday with Kate at the Walk-In Care. She mentioned several times that her finger hurt when we were in Utah, but Matt & I didn't see anything wrong with it. We would check it out when she would complain that it hurt, but it always looked normal. On Monday when I looked at it, I noticed that it was swollen and looking like a hurt finger. It looked even worse on Tuesday, so we had it checked out. Her finger is not broken, but she has a badly sprained joint.

I took a few pictures this evening of her finger. It is her ring finger that is sprained. It looks a little bit better today than it did yesterday.


Her sprained finger has not slowed her down and she really hasn't complained much about her finger. We have no idea how she sprained it. My best guess is that she bumped her finger on the side of the pool when we were swimming.

Zoe watched the kids while I took Kate to the doctor. That was so nice! So, I treated Zoe to ice cream last night and we went to see "The Karate Kid". I thought it was good and Zoe liked it, too. It was a lot funnier than the 80's version.

1 comment:

Kris said...

That's great that you have a babysitter now! I hope Kate's finger is better soon. That's kind of funny? or sad? that she could hurt it like that and none of us knew it happened!