Monday, July 19, 2010

Shopping with kids...

I don't recommend it!

I went to the grocery store today two different times and had two totally different experiences. The first trip was during the day with all of the kids. I miss Zoe, and I really missed not being able to leave the kids with her while I ran some errands! The kids were loud and had little desire to do what I told them to do as we went through the store. I had a set budget, so I was keeping track of how much everything was. It was a stressful shopping trip and I was glad when it was over!

I went to the grocery store this evening by myself. I didn't have a budget, so I grabbed what we needed and wanted. It was a quiet stroll through the store and it was nice! What a difference!

3 comments:

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

Oh yeah, those trips are so stressful! The last two times we went I had to have two carts, Lucy pushing the cart with the food, and me pushing the cart with the rest of the kids.

We get lots of looks.

Janae said...

all i can say is ditto...i hear ya girl, i was missing my babysitter today as well!

MJ said...

LOL. I only have the 2, so it's not so bad...yet. I know what's going to happen!

I had a friend lament the shopping woes on FB, and one of her friends (I have no idea who she was) told her she'd take her 6 (or 8) kids shopping all the time and never had a problem!

I didn't know her, so I didn't post a big YEAH, RIGHT, but I did chuckle a bit.

Thanks for keeping it real, Joey!!!