Sunday, January 18, 2009

Snowy Sunday

This is the second Sunday in a row that it has snowed and we have only had Sacrament meeting. If only I could know that I'm not going to teach my Sunday School lesson BEFORE I spend a week preparing it. Oh well. At least I am learning and staying in the groove of preparing a lesson. I'm staying on track with the Stake schedule, so if we don't have Sunday School than I still move on to the next lesson for the next Sunday.

We dropped Zoe and Emily off at my parents' home for a sleepover and then came home to enjoy the storm from our warm home. The prediction is 9-14 inches.



Matt decided to make cinnamon rolls this afternoon.

The kids helped by playing with their playdoh on their end of the table.

The cinnamon rolls were done just in time for dinner.

Don't you just want to sink your teeth into them? They were so yummy! Kate shoved two pieces into her mouth and then choked on them. Matt had to dig a piece out with his finger and then the other piece followed. Kate went right back to eating when the episode was over.

Here she is showing how cool she is. :-)

7 comments:

MJ said...

Holy cow that's a lot of snow!! It was so warm here yesterday, I was driving with my window down!

Kris said...

Oooh, I want to come to your house to watch the snow and eat cinnamon rolls! Go Matt! those are beautiful.

That sounds like a really fun branch activity, you guys do such cool stuff. (I don't know why Matt didn't want to go!:) )

Sammie-J said...

I so want some cinnamon rolls now. Yummy!
Don't you just love all this snow. I sure do. At least we don't have to worry about a snow day tomorrow hu?

Janae said...

Joey, I have been catching up on your blog:)
you are such an inspiration to me because you are so faithful with your writing! I am trying to get back on a roll and get my blog going again!
Matt makes cinnamon rolls?? I am impressed! Those look delicious!
I thought the activity sounded really fun...what a great idea:) I love how honest children can be, especially in public;)
I loved looking back at all of your cute pictures:)

Anonymous said...

Man... maybe I'll drop Mike off next time we're in Maine and have Matt teach him a thing or two. (Then again, I don't know how to make cinnamon rolls either, so maybe we'll both stay for the lesson.)

The days have been really nice here too - clear and sunny, which usually means it's colder you know, but it's actually been in the 30s. AND NOT WINDY! (That's the real blessing.)

mindyluwho said...

I have been wanting to make cinnamon rolls for so long now...I think I just might do it this week. Funny, my last comment was about having a hard time losing weight. I wonder why, when all I think about is sweets! ;)

Dawn said...

It's been 70 degrees here today - very strange!

Amazing that your hubby makes the rolls - they look gorgeous - but scary for Kate!