Thursday, January 22, 2009

Noah has a bed!

Kate is posing in it for me.


I emptied out one of the plastic boxes that fit under the bunk beds and filled it with Noah's blankets. I had tried a smaller box after Noah was born, but he didn't like it. So, he has been sleeping with me and Matt. He is 6 1/2 months old and his sleeping habits were not improving (he would sleep and nurse all night long), so I decided yesterday that I had had enough of that. Not only did I make him a bed, but I started feeding him more solids and he is now eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner with nursing snacks in between. Here is Noah with his first piece of bread.

I mentally prepared myself to be up all night. When I nursed Noah to sleep and laid him down at 10:30, I predicted he would wake up in 10 minutes. Matt said it would take less time than that. Noah surprised us both by sleeping 3 1/2 hours. I got up with him at 2:07 and laid him back down around 3:00 when he was back asleep. He slept until 5:00 and I nursed him and laid him down again at 5:30 to get another half hour of sleep before getting up with the girls. All 3 of us slept better last night, which we needed. My will to live is coming back. I'm hoping more food and sleep for Noah will improve his mood during the day as well.

6 comments:

Janae said...

Sleep habits with babies are always so hard for me. I hope this helps and he will be sleeping away each night from now on:)

Kris said...

A good night's sleep is SO IMPORTANT! It is so hard to function when you are sleep deprived, so I'm glad you've got a plan to get the rest you all need.

I think Noah is going to cooperate in his cozy bed, that is pretty good for the first night!

Robyn Jones said...

I totally sympathise with the sleep issues...
My son is two now, and because I had my grandson living with me for six months right after I had mine (they are 3 months apart) I gave grandson the crib, and my son slept with us. i was exhausted. He nursed all night, and I was worried about crushing him. My grandson also woke up several times a night....Jeremy is two now, and only recently started to sleep through the night...we broke the bed habit as soon as possible, but it was too late. Ironically....he started sleeping through the night after we got a night light and put in from the crib into a toddler bed!! Now he is only waking at night about twice a week. My newborn is a different story and sleeps through the night in her bassinet..or wakes at 5.30 and gos back to sleep....

Anonymous said...

Great! Congrats on getting your bed back!

Katie said...

Well, Im jealous because my two year old AND 4 year old still get up at night and both try to climb into bed with us. good job for Noah!

Ave said...

Your not afraid he is going to roll under the bed and get stuck or something?