Friday, January 02, 2009

A New Year

Did you ring in the new year? We almost did. I brought Eleanor and Zach over to my parents' to spend the night and then I stopped at the grocery store to buy ingredients to make a chicken casserole. We put Kate to bed at 7:00 and then had a late dinner with Zoe, Emily, and Noah. Zoe, Emily, and I played the dice version of Phase 10 while Matt cleaned up the kitchen. Then we all played Yahtzee. Zoe, Emily, and I played a few rounds of Attach Uno and then Noah had had enough. He was ready for bed. So I sat down to read my book ("It's all Good" by Jill Stevens) and feed Noah. Zoe and Emily then became bored and sleepy. Emily fell asleep at 11:00 and Zoe was nodding off at 11:30, so I sent them to bed. At 11:50pm, Matt and I said Happy New Year to each other and went to sleep. Next year, we can send Noah to bed with Kate and party until midnight. It's funny how staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve can be a struggle to stay awake, but there are many nights that I am wide awake until 11pm. It must be the idea that I have to stay awake until midnight that makes me sleepy.

Eleanor and Zach spent most of the day with my parents yesterday. Kate spent the day with Matt at home. I took Zoe, Emily, and Noah to Caitlin's birthday party and then I dropped Zoe and Emily off at Patti's house for a sleepover. I drove to my parents' home to pick up Eleanor and Zach, but before heading home, my mom and I played a game of Phase 10 and ate a late lunch with my dad. It was 5pm by the time we got home. Matt fed the kids pancakes while I took the decorations off the Christmas tree. The tree went out the door after dinner and I vacuumed up the needles, so Noah could be put on the floor again. We put the kids to bed, Matt cleaned up the kitchen (isn't he great?!) and I went to read and relax with Noah. I was exhausted!

Last Friday I weighed in at 123! 2 pounds away from my goal weight. Today I weighed in at 123.4, but I am still thinking of making a delicious cheesecake today. I also want to take down the rest of our Christmas decorations, do a few loads of laundry, and go get Zoe and Emily.

This year I would like to focus more on building up our food storage and 72 hour kits. I also want to work on my Sunday School lesson a little bit everyday, instead of waiting until Saturday. What are your goals?

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Sammie-J said...

I don't know about you, but when I say I have to get to bed early, I'm usually up until midnight or later and when I have tons to do and plan on staying up late I can't keep my eyes open past 10:00. Weird.

Happy New Year to you and your family. :) And thanks for the tip for the Red chair.

Anonymous said...

Mike and I made it to midnight playing games at his cousin's house in Orem.

Oh let's see... goals... I usually don't bother making New Year's resolutions now that I'm not living with my family, but it's a goal of ours to save up enough money to make it out to Saipan after graduation next year. We'll see if it happens. Cross your fingers!

Kris said...

Happy New Year! It sounds like a lot of fun & games, that is great. I haven't made any resolutions... that is not to say I don't have goals to work toward, though - the hard part for me is trying not to have too many at once!

Dawn said...

I never see the new year in normally. But this time I was driving home from the airport after leaving Sema off - Kev went the next day and found his flight was delayed long enough to miss his connection in London to Nairobi. It has been really frustrating, because it's hard to get a call.

I never make resolutions, but I must re-lose the 10 pounds that I've re-gained. YUCK!! Then another 20+ beyond that. Oh, dear.