Thursday, September 11, 2008

True or False?

Eleanor has always been one to make up stories about things going on in her life. So when she comes home from school, I have to decide if what she is telling me is the truth or made up. She insists that she can't bring treats to school for her snack, which I don't think is true, but I go along with her because I prefer she eat healthy food anyway. I sent a brownie in one day because our food selection was limited, but she brought it back home insisting she couldn't eat it at snack time, so she shared crackers with another girl. I wonder if her teacher said something, which I doubt, or if Eleanor just decided that the crackers looked better than her brownie...which I find hard to believe. I've been meaning to e-mail her teacher to see how Eleanor is doing and to set the record straight on the snack situation.

Eleanor ate a yogurt yesterday for her snack and when she got home, she tried to sneak another one out of the fridge to eat. I limit the kids to one yogurt a day because they would eat them all in one day if they could. When I told Eleanor she had a yogurt at snack time she replied, "Well, my teacher said I couldn't have the yogurt, so she threw it away." Liar! I knew that was false and Eleanor knew it, too.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

That's too funny. McKaylie was very picky about her snacks last year because they were suppose to be healthy. This year, they've sent letters home with my kids reminding us to only send healthy snacks, no sweets. I can't see them not letting them eat a brownie, though. Maybe it's a state wide program.

Mike and Mal said...

In my elementary/middle school, which was kindergarten through 8th grade, all the 6-8 graders could bring whatever they wanted, but 5th and younger were not allowed to bring sweet or fatty things to class. I mean, yogurt was allowed and Jello, but not Jello pudding or brownies or anything like that. Lots of kids just took carrot and celery sticks.

Ave said...

Isn't it great when they reach the age of lies. When does it stop? We always guilt trip our son when he does that. I feel like saying "why don't you save it for something bigger?"