Monday, September 08, 2008

Family Fun

Why do babies sense productivity? Noah was content to sit on my chair UNTIL I sat down to blog. Anyway, here are more pictures and updates of what we did this past weekend. Here is the last picture of the boat ride.


We piled the kids in the car Saturday morning and headed for Zoe's soccer game, only to find out that the games were being played inside because of rain (I didn't see any rain, but maybe that was just me), so Zoe's team was already playing and we didn't bring Zoe's sneakers because usually they play outside and wear cleats. So we went home and I stewed for awhile about the fact that nobody bothered to call us and tell us that Zoe's game was being played inside and that there was a time change... because obviously I didn't catch on...since it wasn't raining.

We went to Bar Harbor with Matt's family.





My sweet mom watched all the kids Saturday night, so we could enjoy an adult only (with the exception of Noah) dinner at Bugaboo Creek. We had a great time. Whenever Matt and I eat at Bugaboo Creek together, we think of his family because it has become a tradition to eat there when they visit.
Kerri was kind and bought Noah a blessing outfit after dinner since I dropped the ball and didn't get him the traditional white blessing outfit, and I wasn't sure what he was going to wear. He looked very handsome in the shirt and pants that Kerri bought and the vest I already had.

Noah received a very nice blessing from Matt. It was nice that Don, Terri, and Molly came to the blessing. Kerri taught Eleanor's class, which was very sweet of her. She also helped us out in Primary as we practiced for our program. After church, we went outside for family pictures. It turned out to be a beautiful day after having a night of rain. This picture of all of us together is pretty near perfect.

Here is our new family picture. It came out really well, too.



It was weird to see Jon and Kerri with only 2 kids for their family picture instead of 5. We missed seeing you, Ashley, Jacob, and Aimee!

We went over to my parents' home after church. We visited and snacked while we waited for Matt. My kids watched a movie while they waited for Sarah and Sam to arrive and then the girls played Barbies with Sarah. It was pretty peaceful having the kids play on the porch while the adults talked in the house.
Jon FINALLY got to hold Noah...
...but not for long.
Not only was it Noah's blessing day, but it was Matt's 44th birthday! It was fun having his family here to celebrate with us.

The cake had a few minor issues, but it was YUMMY!
Sarah had fun doing my girls' hair. Doesn't Kate just look so adorable? I put the elastic in this morning and Kate kept it in for quite awhile before she asked me to take it out.

Noah had his 2 month check-up today. He weighs 13.7 pounds and he is 23 1/2 inches long. He is healthy and growing. After getting 5 shots, he was a bit cranky this afternoon, but that was expected.

Matt watched Zach and Kate while I took Noah to his appointment, which was nice. Matt's family came over before Matt headed back to work to say goodbye. They are in the air flying back to Utah as I write. Their visit was too short! The cousins were reluctant to say goodbye to each other last night. There is talk of Zoe and Emily going to Utah next summer, but shhh, don't tell them because that's all I'll hear about for the next 10 months!

One final picture. Kate reading to Zach. Very sweet, and talented as she read with her binky in her mouth! One of these days I need to hide her binky during the day. She is very attached to it, though.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

It is fun to see people I know your blog. Jon and Kerri lived in my ward when my oldest was born. Kerri was my visiting teacher. They now live pretty close to me and I see them at different stake things. Fun times with the family.

ML said...

I loved this post--loved seeing the kids, how much Noah has grown in such a short time. Happy birthday Matt!

Janae said...

Wonderful pictures Joey! It looks like a great visit:)
Noah looked very cute in his outfit. We hope Matt had a great b-day.