Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A good idea?

Eleanor stayed after school yesterday for her first cheerleading/Tumbling class. She is our born cheerleader. She is loud, energetic, and has cheering spirit. Matt frowns on cheering, but with Eleanor, he cannot deny the fact that it is in her blood.

When Eleanor saw me, Zoe, Emily, and Noah walk into the gym during her class, she shouted at the top of her lungs, "MOMMY, ZOE, EMILY!" She wasn't expecting to see us until after her class, so she said we tricked her and I think she was a little embarrassed that we were watching her. Her class was doing forward somersaults when we got there and then they did cartwheels. Eleanor has been practicing cartwheels with Zoe and Emily lately, so she was one of a few in her class who got the hand-hand, foot-foot action down.

When we got home, Eleanor wanted to continue doing gymnastics...as we were getting ready for dinner and Family Home Evening. She also started shouting the cheer that she must have learned at the beginning of her class. She shouted it over and over and over again. This is when Matt and I looked at each other and wondered if cheerleading class was such a great idea.

8 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

How fun for Eleanor:)

A great way to get some energy out!

Anonymous said...

I was never a big cheerleading fan either (personally, a lot of teams just get in the way) but tumbling, now THAT is fun! I loved gymnastics, and you're right, Eleanor is a born cheerleader! She's got the lungs, that's for sure!

Janae said...

It sounds like a great Sunday this week:) I am glad you had Matt there to help. Our program was last Sunday too...so glad were done with that one!
I think if Eleanor loves it then that's great for her! Sometimes we have to endure things we would not pick for ourselves...I am always reminded by certain children of how different they are from me:)it's all a good thing:)

Dawn said...

Care Bear loves it too. She's a natural. In fact, she got to join a bunch of little girls and do a cheer at halftime of the high school game. She had so much fun.

Kris said...

That's great that Eleanor can do something fun that she is 'into' - whatever it is... I'm sure the gymnastics in the middle of dinner/ FHE/ etc. are a little disruptive though :)

Sammie-J said...

I think it's great to keep our kids active, even though it could drive us crazy at times. Yay for Eleanor. E-L-E-A-N-O-R! Eleanor! Eleanor! Rah! Rah! Rah!

I was never a cheerleader in school, but my Best friend was and I use to have her teach me the cheers, that was always fun, but I believe we use to drive her parents crazy as well.

Ave said...

I was a cheerleader! It was lots of fun, but since I was rather...stocky, they put me on the bootom of the pyramid.

Gabriela said...

That's so funny that it's "in her blood". I am a non-cheer person, and so is my mom, and so is Margarita, so maybe it's a recessively passed genetic trait???

I hear ya about Sunday morning with a husband around. Sundays are a "special" day for me. That's all I'll say because I am trying not to complain.