Thursday, September 25, 2008

Excited to visit the Dentist!

Zach had his first dentist appointment today to have his teeth cleaned. He wanted to have a turn right after he saw me get my teeth cleaned last week, but he didn't have an appointment that day, so he had to wait until today. His appointment was at 10:30 this morning, so all morning he asked if it was time to leave yet. He was so excited! The time finally came to leave and he had a meltdown because he couldn't find his little blue flashlight. He carried his shoe box to the car and was just devastated that he didn't have his flashlight to carry around in the box. At this point we were running late, so I wasn't sympathetic. I got the kids in the car and headed to Brewer (about 30 minutes away). As Zach was having a tantrum, I wondered if he was going to settle down before his appointment. I was relieved when he stopped crying about halfway there. He hesitated only for a moment when the hygienist came out to get him and he asked if I would go with him. I encouraged him to go by himself and he did! He was very cooperative and happy throughout the cleaning. There is a hint of a cavity forming in a back tooth, so I need to help him brush more. I gave up helping him awhile ago because he was so determined to brush his teeth himself. Hopefully, he'll be more willing now to let me help since the hygienist and dentist encouraged him to.

Kate had fun grabbing all of Patty's (one of the hygienist who wasn't there today) stuffed animals that were in her room. Kate enjoyed brushing their teeth with a giant toothbrush and then tried to brush her own teeth with it...fun, fun!

Zach had a great first trip to the dentist, so we went to the park before coming home. We didn't let the fact that I didn't bring any shoes for Kate stop us.

P.S. 3 months until Christmas!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Let the Christmas count down begin!! I Love that time of year. Yeah for Zack for being so brave. Ive yet to take my kids to the dentist, not becuase I think they would be scared, but becuase I would be the scared one!

Cindy said...

That's great about the dentist! It's always nice when they think it's a positive thing.

I'm not ready for the Christmas countdown, though. I'm going to ignore it for awhile longer.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! What a cutie!

Dawn said...

It's great that he didn't fear going and didn't get scared when he was there. Huge.

Christmas - YIKES!!

Gabriela said...

That's great that Zach has such a great attitude about visiting the dentist. I loved going as a kid and I still don't mind going.

Fun FHE actvity! (your last post, not the dentist)

Kristen said...

Hi Joey! Long time no "see"! Nice to hear that Zach is so great about going to the dentist. Getting my girls to go is like pulling teeth...haha...pun intended. :-)

3 months til Christmas....yikes. I told my girls that the other day and my announcement was met with screams of delight! They love holidays and have forced me to already carve pumpkins for them (which are already rotting....)

Janae said...

A Christmas countdown...Joey! Is it really that soon? oh my...
Yeah for Zach:) I am glad the tantrum ended before you got there:)