Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fire alarm works

While I was at the dentist yesterday, Matt attempted to make Indian Fry Bread. Things went well...until it exploded all over the kitchen, away from Matt & the kids thank goodness. So when I started to boil water for macaroni and cheese today on the same burner, the burner went up in flames. Scary. I had a second of panic as Zach shouted, "fire!" and then I put it out with baking powder. I debated whether to use baking powder, which I had in my hand, or baking soda, then figured it didn't matter. I'm glad I was right. Lessons learned...keep baking soda where I can see it on the shelf and our fire alarm battery is still good. Now I need to go clean our stove top.

6 comments:

Sammie-J said...

Oh my goodness, thank goodness you're all OK. I'm sure now you're all laughing about the whole situation huh?

BTW, I wanted to tell you that I love your new blog look!

Dawn said...

Scary! Is there something wrong with the burner??

Fry bread sounds really good.

Kris said...

I'm glad it all turned out OK!

I hear you on the clothes thing... this time of year the drawers get so crowded with the wide range of weather!

Janae said...

Oh scary! I am glad to hear the tip on baking soda. I didn't know that was an option...good things to know:)
We have clothes problems here also. I definitely think it feels like a full time job until it gets under control. It sounds like you are making progress though:)

Ave said...

Matt should clean it for you, when the kids are all asleep.

Kristy said...

When my fire alarm goes off it means dinner time at our house......anytime I open the oven it goes off so ours gets tested just about everyday!