Saturday, September 06, 2008

Odds and Ends

I've been meaning to write since Thursday evening. I've either been too tired or too busy to sit down at the computer. First of all, I forgot to include this cute quote from Eleanor in my last post. Noah has been spitting up a lot lately and once again he spit up all over me and I annoyingly said, "Noah!" then Eleanor piped up and said, "Mommy, don't be mad at him, he's new!"

I've been keeping track of my weight every Friday since I had Noah. I started out at 164 and I am now down to 142.6. Yay! I am halfway to my goal weight. I started counting weight watcher points again about a month ago.

Matt's parents, and his brother, Jon and Jon's wife Kerri, and their two kids, Sarah and Sam flew in from Utah Thursday evening. Their plane got in after 7pm, so we put the kids to bed and told them that whoever was awake when they came over to visit could come out and visit, too. Zoe ended up being the only kid awake, besides Noah, when they arrived. Zoe was so excited to see Sarah!

Here is Janet getting to hold Noah for the first time.


We went to lunch at Kravings yesterday before picking up Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor from school. The food was really good, but the service was slow and Matt and I had to leave before I finished my lunch. It would have been the perfect lunch, sitting outside on a beautiful day, enjoying family, if we didn't have to be at the school at a certain time.
Zach was a little nervous at first to be around Matt's family, but it didn't take him long to feel comfortable with them.



Kate warmed up to Uncle Jon pretty quick and decided to take a nap during lunch.

After we picked up the girls from school, we all went for a boat ride on Don's boat. Noah didn't like his life jacket, but he soon fell asleep and slept during the entire ride! Eleanor was in a silly mood and would not sit still for long for a picture.





Did you notice Sam peeking out of the cubby?

We stopped at Fort Point State Park to walk around. Kate was more interested in the apple Matt picked off the tree for her then this bell. She kept saying, "apple!" and showing it to us.


My camera battery just died. Stay tuned for more pictures. We didn't do anything in the evening because of poor planning on my part, but we'll get together again today.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Thanks Joey for the update! I was wondering about the happenings in Maine. Cute pictures. I love the napping on Uncle Jon photo. He really is good for bringing on the sleep.... it's just his calming influence - he's not boring! :)- I'm glad you are all having fun, I would love to be there too!

Gabriela said...

Awwwww, the Cheez-it picture is my favorite.

And (from the last post) Kate sleeping in Zoe's red chair. Seriously, how do your kids always seem to fall asleep in odd places? My kids never do that.

Glad Kate can get up to the slides by herself now-Pedro too-it makes going to the park a little more fun.

Sorry you've been grouchy (I totally understand!). Hope you are feeling happier and getting the things accomplished that you need to. :)

Kristy said...

How fun to have visitors. I can sure tell they related to Doug.....they all look alike.