Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Last and First

Yesterday was the last day of Summer vacation. After reading Matt's blog and realizing that we didn't do one single thing together as a family after Noah was born, we decided to have a family day yesterday. We went to Sandy Point Beach, which was our first time going there. I'd show you lots of fun pictures, like braving the FREEZING water, or searching the beach for shells and finding some pretty ones, or the beautiful surroundings of the ocean, or the kite Matt flew, which stayed up in the air very well because it was very windy!, but I forgot the camera. We didn't stay too long because of the freezing water and wind, but we had fun while we were there.

We came home to warm up and get a snack and then we headed to the park. It was a lot warmer at the park. Kate discovered the fun of the slides for the first time and she loved it! After I would pick her up and set her halfway up the fake mountain, she would climb the rest of the way and then toddle over to the slide. It can be a wild ride for her coming down, but she has a huge smile on her face the whole way!

Today our family is separated again as Matt is off to work, Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor are off to enjoy their first day of school, and I am home with Zach, Kate, and Noah. The girls were excited to get ready for school this morning, so they were very cooperative getting up and getting ready. We couldn't find Eleanor's bus tag this morning and we debated whether to make a new one, but after quizzing Eleanor about what bus she takes and having her answer "A" instead of the correct answer, "I", I made her a new bus tag. Eleanor left without a glance back this morning. She is ready and excited! I think Emily was the most nervous about the first day of school. I did take pictures this morning before they left.

Eleanor is off to Kindergarten!

Emily is off to 2nd Grade!

Zoe is off to 4th Grade!


Have I mentioned how quiet it is around here?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Your girls are so big! I can't believe it!

Dawn said...

They look like they're raring to go - Zoe looks so much like you!

Kris said...

Three excited & cute girls! The first day of school is so exciting. I hope you all had a great day.

Kristy said...

Yeah for school!!!!

Sammie-J said...

I hope they all had a great first day of school, and I hope you had a great semi-quiet house.

Janae said...

Great first day photos! I am sure it was extremely quiet with 1/2 gone:)

Momof3 said...

Your girls are so cute. They grow up amazingly fast. Saw your blog link on Wordless Wednesday.