Sunday, September 28, 2008

Branch President vs. Long Afternoon with Family

It was so nice this morning having Matt here to help get the kids ready and to ride to church together as a family. I highly recommend having both parents at home on Sunday morning to get the kids ready for church! We didn't rush this morning and we were at church early enough to visit with people and get the seat we wanted. We had our primary program today. The kids did a great job! I breathed a sigh of relief at the end...no dramatic performances from Eleanor, yay! I loved having Matt sit with us and having him take Kate out of the chapel a couple of times when she got cranky, instead of me doing it. :-) We've had a long afternoon since we only had Sacrament meeting due to the rainy weather. Matt got a taste of our whiny, cranky younger children who desperately needed a nap, but wouldn't take one. Being the Branch President was looking better to him today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I bet! I used to get Kait, Ez, and Ede ready for church after waking up Sam and Jake. All the hair that needs to be done, breakfast, clothes, and last-minute facial washings... It would've been a LOT easier if one of either of my brothers had tuned in and helped out, but at least they could dress themselves.

Kris said...

I'm glad you had time as a family for the day, and a good primary program! sunday afternoons can be long...

Ave said...

It will be great for you having him there sometimes. I don't know how I would cope with my two, if JW wasn't there. I often threaten that they will have to sit in their booster seats if they don't can it, but so far I haven't made good on that. The punishment would be punishing me too.

Karrie said...

We have early church and it is not our friend....I'm glad you had help...it's soo hard sometimes...I wonder what I get out of going ...when I can't concentrate because of cranky kids.