Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"...I've just been in a very bad mood for the last 40 years! "

I have this quote from "Steel Magnolias" in my head. I haven't been in a bad mood that long, but I've been grouchy for awhile now. I think Matt is ready to move out. I don't blame him. I'm feeling overwhelmed with all the stuff that needs to be done and it's getting done very slowly. I have piles of clothes everywhere to be put away, given away, or to be stored in my parents' attic. I can only do so much during the day with the clothes because Kate takes a nap, so my time in the kids' room is limited, and most of what I need to accomplish is in the kids' room. Plus, I usually have Noah in the Snuggli, which wears me out pretty quick. Then there are the school papers that I need to fill out. The school sent them to me a week or so ago, but I have yet to fill them out and get them back to school. I did work on them for a brief moment yesterday, but not long enough to complete them. I washed Emily's bedding Saturday night because Kate peed on Emily's bed after her bath, and I haven't put the bedding back on yet. The bath mat needs to be washed because Zach pooped on it Saturday night and the laundry is piling up once again. Oh, and the living room is in need of a good cleaning. While I have been writing this, Kate has been playing in the tub...and she pooped in the tub. I just cannot get anything done lately without interruption! But enough about me, let's move on to the girls' first day of school.

The girls had a great day. I took a picture of Eleanor getting off the bus, but this is what I got.

She turned to look at the kids who were yelling out the windows of the bus.
Eleanor was quite impressed that her teacher didn't yell at her or any of the other kids. Is she trying to tell me something? She made friends with a boy named Logan. Logan is Rhonda's (the bus driver) son who is also in Kindergarten. Eleanor asked me if he could call her. I said sure. Matt said no. She told me she was going to sit with Logan on the bus today. Eleanor brought home this picture.

I asked her what it was a picture of. She said, "It's a vampire squished into pieces like the grass." Okay. I am glad to see that after only one day of school, she is spelling her name correctly.

I signed Zoe up for soccer last night. Her first practice is tonight and her first game is on Saturday. She is looking forward to playing again.

As of yesterday, Zach gets to be pushed in Kate's swing during Kate's nap. It is one of his favorite activities.


I also made the rule yesterday that there will be no movie or computer time after school. The exception is when they get a Netflix movie in the mail and there is nothing going on in the evening. They spent the afternoon yesterday making bookmarks out of foam paper.
Eleanor is now on the dishes rotation. She put away dishes yesterday. Zoe washed dishes and Emily had the day off from dishes. Zoe and Emily are very happy that Eleanor is now involved and they don't have to do dishes every day.

I just took a picture of Kate trying to make doll shoes fit on her feet. Too cute!


Well, I can't ignore everything that needs to be done any longer. Have a great Wednesday!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like a lot of pooping is going on over there. No fun! Hope things calm down a bit for you. If it makes you feel any better,tomorrow I will be on a plane for 4 hours with 2 kids and no husband. Be afraid. Very afraid.

Dawn said...

There is entirely too much pooping and peeing going on in the wrong places! Oh, my - Feisty has been really behind in getting it right, but seems to be on the right track finally - so much older than we ever expected to be having these problems! And two more coming up. UGH!!

Janae said...

Hang in there...I think we have the same mom mood going on over here;)
It must just be the new start and getting things organized for the new year:)
I liked Eleanor's picture:)

Kris said...

Joey, you are an amazing mom! I was reading something yesterday about "parenting itself is actually not that hard... it's just that it's impossible to get anything else done!" Maybe once you are settled into the new routines you will feel like you have a little more time (maybe not...)

I was thinking about Eleanor today and what an adventure that is to take the bus and go off to kindergarten all day! That is awesome (and dishes too!)