Sunday, September 21, 2008

Awesome

That is my word for this weekend, awesome! It was so much fun and so uplifting. The ride to Time Out For Women and back went fast (for a 7 hour trip there and 5 1/2 hours back) and smoothly. Noah did great. He slept a lot in the car and was happy after he was fed and we were back on the road.I drove my mom's car and we managed to find the hotel and event center without much trouble. I thought it was funny Saturday after driving around a bit trying to get to the road that the event center's parking garage was on and then finally finding it that Patti announced, "Look at that, we drove right to it!" I think she was practicing her split second compliments before she even knew about them!
We met up with my Aunt Tonia and her friend, Jody at the event and we saw many sisters from our stake. Friday night as Michael McLean performed, he changed part of his program as he acted upon the Spirit. He felt the need to sing a certain song about moms. Saturday as Patti & I talked with a sister that we recognized from our stake, she told us that the song that Michael McLean was inspired to sing was for her. She went to talk with Michael McLean Friday night after the program to tell him that the song was for her and when it was her turn to talk with him, she felt the Spirit wash over her. He felt the Spirit, too and they had a nice talk. What a neat experience!

My favorite presenter, Mary Ellen Edmunds spoke first on Saturday. I loved how the presenters mingled with the crowd and humored their fans by signing autographs and posing for picture after picture after picture.

Mary Ellen Edmunds gives great hugs!

Patti is a huge fan of Kenneth Cope. I hadn't heard any of his music before the event. He quickly became one of my favorite presenters.

Kris, Merrilee Boyack also became one of my favorite presenters. She could be a stand-up comedian!

At one point on Saturday, it was announced that some women in the audience had submitted a name of someone else in the audience who were living a joyful life. When this was announced, I had a funny feeling that my name was going to be included in the list, and sure enough Mary Ellen Edmunds read my name. Patti had submitted my name. She told me during the lunch break that she wrote about my sacrifice to be a stay at home to 6 kids as we live in a 2 bedroom house. It was very sweet of her to nominate me and to write a sweet letter about me. :-)

The other awesome thing about this weekend is Matt getting released as Branch President today. Now having said that, there is also a sadness in me that will miss the blessings that we have received as Matt has served in this calling. It was nice though seeing him after church hanging out in the hall with nothing to do. I was able to go in the mother's room to feed Noah while Matt kept an eye on the other kids. We also left for home at the same time. Matt has been called to the High Council, so he'll come to church with us 2 Sundays out of the month and then travel to other wards and branches the other 2 Sundays. We've talked about him taking some of the kids with him when he travels and they are excited about that. Hopefully, we'll get to travel as a family from time to time, too.

Okay, I've been working on this post all day. I've got to go now. Noah is quite upset and Eleanor is demanding that I cover her up in bed...again.

7 comments:

♥Shally said...

Those spiritual experiences fill your cup for a while!

I am so happy for you that you were able to go.

Kris said...

I'm so glad you went to the conference, it sounds amazing. And what a change to 'have your husband back'! Wow. That will be so nice (but I'm sure it is an adjustment too.) I'm glad you had such a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I wish we had something like that here. We don't even get real women's conferences. I mean, we get the little women's conference devotional things they do from the general presidency, but not the whole go to the stake center and mingle and go to lectures thing. I miss that.

Katie said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Thats very cool you got nominated. It seems like a great way to recharge and relax, besides the driving, maybe!

ML said...

Matt's released--I thought he was in there for the duration! :) He was a great BP and you were a great Sister BP! Who took his place?

Phae-Jae said...

Yes, Awesome!

So glad you had a wonderful time:)

Merrilee was at our Time out:)

So glad Matt can relax a bit now!

Janae said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend:)
So glad it was a good one!