Sunday, January 20, 2008

Looking forward

Yesterday felt like a Monday. Matt was gone to another Scout training. Zoe and Emily were gone all day with my Dad. He took them to their basketball practices and then he took them to the Girls J.V. and Varsity high school basketball games. I did laundry all day, since Matt and I are going on a road trip tomorrow to Portland while my Mom watches the kids. I am so excited!

I talked with Matt's Dad yesterday and I was happy to hear that he had a dream that we had a baby boy. When I found out I was pregnant, I too had a dream that we had a boy. I've always had the feeling that our last baby would be a boy. We'll find out for sure in a few weeks. :-)

Potty training Zach was on my mind yesterday, so I googled "potty training boys". I have successfully potty trained 3 girls, but I am clueless when it comes to potty training boys. I noticed the title "Potty training in 3 days" and remembered PJ talking about potty training her youngest with a 3 day program. I checked out the site and decided that for $7.00 it was worth reading and trying. I have read the introduction and 1st chapter, which neither have told me what exactly I am getting myself into, but I can tell you that I already have a better attitude about potty training and I am actually excited to do it! I'll be taking on an almost 3 year old who has absolutely no interest in going on the potty and when I finish the book, I'm going to be ready!

Kate's new thing is to get up on the bottom bunk.

She whines when she's ready to get down. I'm trying to teach her to turn her body around and scoot off the bed feet first, but she hasn't caught on yet.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I love hearing about your kids! Good luck with the potty training.

Dawn said...

Good luck! It is different.

Unfortunately, Feisty has gone WAY backwards - at 3.67 years!

Kris said...

A road trip sounds fun! I hope you have a great time. I can't wait to find out about the baby.

mindyluwho said...

I love dreaming about my babies. My last baby I really wanted a girl, but I kept having boy dreams, and yes, he was a boy!