Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Scrapbooking



I like to keep up with my children's scrapbooks. It gets more challenging as I have more children, but I think I've done well so far. My scrapbook pages have become very simple, but they contain the happenings of my children's lives which is the most important thing. I look at their scrapbooks now as journals with pictures. Here is an example from Eleanor's book...



I don't like my handwriting, so I have started to write on the computer and then I leave spaces for the pictures I have.
Each month I keep track on the calendar the things that happen with my children. Then I have the entire next month to scrapbook, so I have all of January to scrapbook about December. Well, here it is January 31st and I have yet to scrapbook about December. So guess what I'll be doing today?...Going to the hospital to have a baby would be nice, but I think I'll be scrapbooking instead.
I like scrapbooking month to month because I don't feel like I'm scrapbooking ALL the time and my pages have become more detailed. I start with the 1st of the month and write about all the things that happened during the month.
As for stickers and decoration, I figure my children can add that in later. My job is to record history.

My mom and I watched some "Reba" episodes last night from season 4. There was a funny part where the son is talking, talking, talking to his dad and his dad finally sends him upstairs to watch tv. Eleanor is doing that to me right now and it is hard to write and listen to her at the same time! She is looking at her scrapbook and asking me if I remember this and that. My children do like to look at their books which is a nice reward for all the work that goes into them.

Our baby is still doing well. She has a week to come out on her own. I'm scheduled to be induced next Wednesday.

5 comments:

Kris said...

Joey, that is awesome! I would like to do better at scrapbooking. I love your simple - but detailed information - pages! I am so impressed that you keep up with all of those books. Good job!

Nikki said...

Thank you for this wonderful scrapbooking tip. I love it!

And may your induction go smoothly. :)

Unknown said...

That is so fantastic. Maybe that is the push I need to organize the photos I have. I kept putting it off for so long that it became too overwhelming!

Hows the baby??!!

Mari
Slowing Down
Franklin Foto
Come visit me. I'm a nice girl!!

Dawn said...

I am so impressed!! You should see just my photos for the last 20 years! I need to retire just to do albums.

Kristen said...

What great scrapbooking tips. I seriously need to do some of that, but am not a creative person at all when it comes to that sort of thing. I should try your method. i guess scrapbooks don't have to be all artsy. I just need a fun place to put all my millions of pictures!!

Sure hope you get to have that baby soon. Good grief! ;-)