Monday, January 08, 2007

Update

The kids seem to be over their stomach illness (knock on wood!) Now we're dealing with colds, which I'd much rather deal with. Zoe is home today from school. Her nose is red from blowing it so much and she woke up with an earache. This is Emily's first day of school without Zoe. When I told Emily that Zoe wasn't going to school she said, "You mean I have to go to school alone?" I think she was nervous, but she handled it better than I expected.

There was a tiny bit of snow on the ground this morning, but now it's raining.

Zoe and Emily started basketball on Saturday. A neighboring town has a program in January through their Rec department on Saturdays for kids in Kindergarten through 5th grade. Zoe and Emily practice together, so we only have to be there for 45 minutes :-) Our high school PhysEd teacher is the coach and he does a great job. I'm not sure how much Emily liked playing basketball since she wouldn't comment whenever I said something about it, but she did a good job for her first day.

Eleanor had her first day in Primary yesterday. At first she was not happy that she wasn't going to nursery, but when I asked her about Primary last night she said she had fun. When all the kids were in the Primary room, Eleanor and her friend had to be separated a few times because they love to talk and play together. I think she'll adjust quickly and she'll be anxious to participate soon.

2 comments:

Kris said...

I'm glad everyone is doing (generally) better. Basketball sounds fun!

Rachelle said...

I'm glad you are all getting better!