Saturday, January 13, 2007

Binky progress and more

Zach went another day without his binky and most of last night! He asked for his binky yesterday more than he did the first day, but he didn't think of it at bedtime. Eleanor tried to remind him about it, but we shushed her and he didn't seem to hear her. Zach did great until 5am. He woke up happy and said "mama, mama" a few times, but then he started crying. He was happy again when I gave him his binky and let him sleep the rest of the morning with me. He has done very well the past few days without his binky :-)

I took Eleanor and Zach to the movie store yesterday to pick out some movies to watch last night and I was reminded of why I don't take my kids there. I figured I would walk as fast as we could past the movie covers with half naked ladies, horror pictures, and any other inappropriate images and get to the kids' section, but I had forgotten about the previews being shown on the tvs around the store. Eleanor didn't seem to notice for awhile, but then she looked up and a preview caught her attention. I think the movie is called, "Snakes on a plane". I did my best to keep her focused on picking out a movie, but she kept looking up at the screen. I'm very concerned about what my kids watch on tv and for movies. I pretty much only let them watch G rated material, which is one of the reasons when you turn on our tv the only thing you see is "snow". Anyway, I have renewed my decision to not take my kids with me to the movie store to pick out movies. It's a pain to have to wait until the evening when Matt is home to go get a movie and the kids don't get to pick out what they want, but I'd rather do that than expose my children to adult images.
I'd also like to voice my opinion about movie previews here. I think if I take my children to see a G rated movie at the theater, they should only see G rated previews. I think the preview ratings should match the show ratings. I don't want to see rated R previews at a PG-13 movie. It makes sense to me.

Thanks Janet and Steve for finding my camera cord and sending it to me! Here is the picture of Emily's gift to us for Christmas and Zoe's gift to us a few years ago.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Hey Joey!
I have to agree with you about the previews. I remember once I took Parker to a movie (this was about 2-3 years ago) and the previews were very raunchy! With a pre-teen boy sitting next to you, you become keenly aware of what is being flashed on the screen. So, I went to the manager and complained. They said they have no control over the previews and gave me a card to fill out and send to the movie studio. Of course I never heard from the studio, but I voiced my opinion!
Bonnie Mortensen