Thursday, October 12, 2006

The wardrobe, haircut, and treasures

I finally dug out all of Zach's fall/winter clothes yesterday. I have a very generous neighbor who has two boys and a baby girl, so every season she gives me clothes that her youngest son has outgrown. It is like Christmas when a new season arrives and Zach has a new wardrobe to wear :-) When I was going through the clothes, Eleanor hollered something to me, and me being busy and not really paying attention just said, "uh huh". Then I hear Zoe in a panic say, "Mom, she's cutting Dora's hair!" That brought me to attention and I went into the living room to see what Eleanor was up to. There were little pieces of Dora hair all over the floor...luckily the hair is made out of yarn so it was easy to clean up. I must say that Eleanor did a fine job on the haircutting. I'm glad she didn't cut her own hair, though!

What's under the bed?...
The Navy guy's missing leg
A play fork
A green fleece blanket...this windy, rainy day could be the day to use it.
A plastic grocery bag with finger paints, pipe cleaners, and a recipe for Christmas Cookie Cutter Ornaments...I'm glad I found this recipe before the Christmas season and not after. The finger paints are still good, I may let Eleanor use them when Zach is taking his nap...we'll see what kind of a mood Eleanor and I are in then.

The lights just flickered so I better post this before we lose power.

1 comment:

momofalltrades said...

I love handme downs! I just unpacked all K's old clothes for J, it is just like Christmas!