Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Pies, Pies, and more Pies



Eleanor and I made our first pumpkin pie of the season yesterday.

I will make many more thanks to the Pillsbury Refrigerated Crust, which you can see here. Gone are my dreaded days of buying a crust box mix that you mix with water. This Pillsbury crust is very easy and quite yummy. I've never made a crust from scratch, so I can't compare it to that, but I'm quite content to take the crust out of the box, unroll it, plop it in the pie plate, fill, and bake. And I enjoyed Matt saying the pie was the best I've made, and that the pie was perfect :-) Works for me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zoe was sitting in Zach's seat yesterday at the table when I told her Zach needed his seat so he could eat. In a very exasperated voice she said, "Oh! You always ruin my life!"...she hasn't seen nothing yet.

Zoe did make a very wise comment later on in the evening when we were talking about Christmas. Zoe and Emily were looking through a toy magazine that we got in the mail yesterday and they were picking out what they wanted. I reminded them that we are going to Utah for Christmas and they won't be getting as many gifts as they usually do. Zoe said they should pick out 3 things they wanted for Christmas, and then in her wise old age of 7 said, "And don't let us look at any more magazines because then we'll want more." I will gladly take her advice.

What's under the bed?...

A flashlight
A couple of locks
One of Matt's socks
A box with 2 new Family Home Evening manuals in it, which we can bring to church for someone else to use...which is probably the reason we got them in the first place.
A toy Hummer, which Zach is happily playing with right now.

6 comments:

Mom2fur said...

I love those refrigerated pie crusts. I just love to cook, but I have never, ever been able to make pie crust. My mom turns 'em out like nothing, but I didn't inherit that talent. Refrigerated pie crusts are right up there with refrigerated biscuits--I can't make biscuits, either!

Kris said...

The pie looks great. Fall is my favorite "cooking season."

And Zoe is very wise...we should all take her advice! Every time I take my kids to the store, I remember why I try not to take my kids to the store. At least they are so used to being told, "Yes, that's very cool, but no, we're not buying it" that it doesn't even faze them.

Barbara H. said...

I used to buy the frozen kind, but they can so easily get cracked. I just tried these a few weeks ago for a particular recipe and loved them.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Kristen said...

I want some pumpkin pie now! It looks great.

It sounds like you have a very wise child. But can you make sure that they don't see tv commercials?! ;-)

Dawn said...

That must be a very large bed!

Zoe is a very wise, perceptive young lady!

Pillsbury pie crusts are great - but better yet is the store brand here, much cheaper and just as good. I used to pride myself on my pie crust from scratch - only Crisco works for successful pie crust. But I'm much too lazy to do that any more (well, I'd rather think that I'm much too busy with work, taking care of the grands, etc. etc. etc.). That is a good looking pumpkin pie. I made an apple one with Granny Smith apples (the only ones I'll use for pie) and it turned out great.

Nettie said...

Yummy Tip!

And your daughter's very wise reasoning is the very reason I try to stay away from ebay!